CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 17, 2010

Author Friday!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

Today's author is....

LEE WILLIAMS!!!!!

*Does the happy dance*



Lee is a near and dear friend that I never get to see enough...even though he did set my husband on fire in high school...but that's another story. So, without further adieu, here is LEE!!!


1) When was your first book published?

My first novel was published in 2003, when a week before my 18th birthday.



2) When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

It's strange, because I just fell into being a writer really. I remember being 14, 15, and 16 working and building houses during the summer, tarring roofs, and clearing land on construction sites for foundations to be built. We had no iPods back then (I feel old saying that) so to keep my mind off of the Georgia heat, gnats, and manual labor, I would create these wild stories in my head. After the day was over, I'd go home and write the ideas out just so I wouldn't forget them. I began to take it seriously when I found writing to be very natural to me.

3) What is the hardest part about being a writer?

The business aspect of writing. I've found in my experiences that you can spend a large amount of time in the creative process, months, years even. The writer controls this side, but the business side is largely unpredictable.A strong understanding of the publishing industry is a must.

4) What inspires you?

I'm inspired by any great work, regardless of its creation. Sculptures, landmarks, artwork, cathedrals; anything man-made that required a great deal of time and concentration. I can relate my writing from thought to fruition into an actual manuscript with works of art, because of the dedication taken by the particular artist.

5) How many books have you written?

Currently I have three books completely written, which I plan to publish after I have finished my Masters.

6) Tell me a little about what you are currently working on.

Right now I am finishing sequels to my young adult science fiction series that began with my first novel, Project S.T.A.R, and a short story collection on small town, southern personalities.

7) What is your favorite genre to read?

I'm not completely sure why, but legal fiction is my favorite genre. The best books are usually very dramatic, with a wide variety of subject matter, and energetic characters.

8) What is the one thing you want to tell the world the most?

I think every writer has the desire to leave something of value to the world, but for me it would have to be to share my perspectives through stories. I'd like for the world to see things differently after they've read my material. Not necessarily to change their overall thinking, but to get them to think about something they've never imagined or considered before.

Thanks, Lee!!

Alright, here is a link, if you would like to go check out Lee's book. And if you would like to get in contact with him just let me know and I will be happy to pass along his email address.

4 comments:

Holly Hill said...

Yay, Lee!

Anonymous said...

Great interview! A book published before his 18th birthday? Greeeeen with envy. ;)

Jessica K. said...

I KNOW right!!??!! lol!

Sniffly Kitty said...

Having a book published that early takes SUPER discipline... I think the business world is missing out on his talent heh~~

btw, I really like the cover of Awaken. Everything about the cover fits the story maybe except for the font they chose for the title.

Sniffly Kitty
Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books
New Meme: Third Sentence Thursday!

Post a Comment