CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 23, 2010

THURSDAY NERSDAY!




(You can snatch this image if you want, just please link back to me.)

Merry Christmas Eve, Eve! I hope you are enjoying the holiday season!

Today I am reviewing....

HELLOGON
by John Booth

4 out of 5 stars

Kindle Edition
Published December 9th 2010 by Night Publishing



Synopsis from Relaxatnight:"THE ESTABLISHMENT

Rules for Engagement with the Enemy ....

Rule 1: Never Gamble Unless You Have No Choice

Rule 2: Always Make Sure

Rule 3: Discover The Local Politics

Rule 4: Make Friends And Use Them

Rule 5: Trust No One

Peter Craig has been trained from childhood as a fifth columnist for the British Empire. He thinks he has been expelled from the Establishment for murder.

The truth will take him to other worlds and lies will be his only hope of salvation.

Can he save two worlds or will he destroy one or both of them?

Is he a hero or a villain?

Hellogon is an urban fantasy about deception, destruction and desires."

I give HELLOGON 4 stars!

**I would note that they have this book listed as a YA Fiction, however, I would say this is to mature for most young adults.**

Thank you, Tim for sending me a copy of this.

I really enjoyed this book. It was written in third person, which is very helpful in describing the surroundings and other needed information.

The story was somewhat slow within the first 50 pages, but once I made it through the set-up it was a great story. I really felt that the book flowed well and I was able to connect to Peter rather easily, but Sal is the one that really made the story for me. I adored her and her abusive ways, she made me laugh out loud.

HELLOGON took me places I had never thought about before. I am sad about the ending, you see they leave you wondering about a lot. Hopefully there will be a second book so that I can find out what happens.

If you appriciate a good sci-fi/romance novel then I suggest HELLOGON.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never heard of this! Great review and thanks for sharing. One more book to add to my TBR pile. :)

Logan E. Turner said...

A new button! Yesssss! Now if I can just get organized to get my reviews up on Thursdays. ;)
This book sounds interesting. I will have to check it out.

Jessica K. said...

I just got an email from the author and I understand that there will be a number 2!! SQUEEEE!!

Post a Comment