CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 20, 2011

THURSDAY NERSDAY!


(Feel free to snag the pic, just link back please!)

Happy Thursday to all my Fantabulous Peeps!!

Today I am reviewing....

HALO
by Alexandra Adornetto

2 out of 5 stars

Hardcover, 496 pages
Published August 31st 2010 by Feiwel & Friends (first published 2010)



Synopsis from Goodreads: "Three angels- Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human- are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They must work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of all, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.

Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and neither of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy do everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems too strong.

The angel’s mission is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save her?"

2 stars for HALO...

Even though it is from Bethany's point of view, it is written as a narrative, which put the reader in an awkward place.

HALO has a good story line, its just very slow. Like molasses in winter slow. I was expecting so much from this book by all the reviews I have read and I mean, HAVE YOU SEEN THE COVER?! It is FANTASTIC! The book just seemed to drag on and on uneventfully. While Alexandra does have a great tone throughout the book, Bethany just wasn't the best character. I kept finding myself smacking the book and groaning, "omg...are you REALLY that stupid?!" I highly doubt I will read the rest of this series.

9 comments:

Logan E. Turner said...

That cover is amazing, but too bad about the book itself. Major bummer!

Aylee said...

I have not seen one positive review for this book. Such a shame that beautiful cover goes to waste.

Ottilie Weber said...

I've heard the same thing about this book, which made me really sad because the cover is so pretty!!

Small Review said...

What a waste of a beautiful cover. I wonder why an editor didn't do something about the slow pacing.

Unknown said...

I can't help it. I often judge/buy books based on their cover. I totally would have picked this one up too! It's too bad it was a flop.

Ottilie Weber said...

Hey I nominated you for an award!! Come check it out at http://ottilieweber.blogspot.com
~Ottilie

Elizabeth said...

NEW FOLLOWER...adorable blog.

Just stopping by to say hello and take a look around.

I am having a Father's Day giveaway on my blog if you would like to stop by.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2011/06/fathers-day-giveaway-from-little-brown.html

Hope you can visit.

Elizabeth

Deirdra said...

Hi I'm looking for your contact info for a book review/post?
Can you email me at EdenLiterary at gmail dot com

DedicatedHosting4u said...

Thank you for for sharing your thoughts and knowledge on this topic. This is really helpful and informative, as this gave me more insight to create more ideas and solutions for my plan ,I would love to see more updates from you .
Dedicatedhosting4u.com

Post a Comment